May 22, 2011

Rumor had (me) it!!

All it took was months of reseach, 4 trips, countless hours, three sale associates, one return and $$$$ to own one bag. My goodness, what a crazy journey! I literally felt like I spent an eternity in both Neiman Marcus and Chanel Boutique this past week. Where should I begin? My initial plan of this purchase was to wait until the end of the year but I had to spring into action as a rumor was flying all over the place that the price increase was underway for Chanel. Mad house must be a proper description for thier stores. No...nothing go on sale but people march into the stores as if everything is 90% off. Items after items are flying off the shelves as if there is no tomorrow.

I, too, jumped on the bandwagon to join this crazy crowd before the price increase goes into effect on June 1st. It is confirmed and it will happen in a little over a week. Price increase will apply to those timeless classic flaps only between 15%-20% (mini, small, m/l, jumbo and maxi).

I actually came home with a beige PST w/ gold hardware earlier this week but I found two loose stiches which made me so upset in quality, unbelievable. I just couldn't believe or expect to see any "flaws" on a bag that costs arms and legs so I asked my SA I wanted to bring it in and possibly had him order me a brand new one. On another thought I felt like both straps wouldn't stay in place very well on my shoulder so I had a second thought about it. I love a GST but somehow not sure how well it will keep its square as it ages.

So I went back and did more research at the Purse Forum and came across the "mini" flap. Flap bags were totally out of my radar for several reasons. First, they are very pricey. Second, I don't like the idea of opening and closing a flap every single time. I love a bag that has top opening, easy access, with or without zip is fine..preferbly no flap. Third, I love big bag...the bigger, the better. However, I fell in love with the mini. That mini thread on the Purse Forum has over 100+ pages, after browsing 30 pages or so, I knew a mini was the one. I wanted a black caviar mini but it was discontinued since December 2010. All the sale associates whom I talked to said it would be very, very hard to find. I was determined to buy a mini and I must get a mini.

c1

c2

Mini Classic Flap Bag in Metallic Lambskin

c3
Neiman Marcus happened to have three mini flaps (two metallic finish and one purple patent). I was immediately drawn to this silver/greenish one. At the same time, my husband pointed at a M/L Caviar Flap to make my situation more complicated, costly and stressful lol. I couldn't tell you how confused I was with this mini flap on a left shoulder and that M/L black flap on my right one. I felt like I was in a life-death situation - I was COMPLETELY TORN between these two darn bags! They were completely different in their looks and I loved them both equally. As desperate as I could be, I asked other customers for their opinions lol. They were two young lovely customers that walked in at the time I was making my lifetime decision. They said they loved both on me and I should buy BOTH...omg..that would be $6,000!!! I knew for sure that either way, I would still want another bag. If I decided to bring a M/L home, that mini would haunt me day and night. At the same time, if I brought a mini home, I would itch to get the M/L. However, I seriously couldn't drop $6,000. That is totally insane crazy. What can you do with six grants?!?! I knew I could upgrade my family of three from economy to first class to Thailand and back with that money and etc!!!

Here go, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and told an SA with confidence that I wanted a mini and told her to put another bag out of my sight asap lol. So many thoughts came across my mind while trying to make a decision. I knew that most ladies would probably go with a M/L black caviar flap because it is such a practical bag and goes with everything while this metallic finish is kind of flashy and seems to be more difficult to pair with clothes. Somehow I can see myself using this mini a lot more and it is very versatile (except that it is so small so it won't fit a lot but enough for basic neccesscities. I just have to learn to be selective about items that go in that bag). It is amazingly a great day bag and will bring some light to my wardrobe. So I am happy with my choice but itching to get that M/L before the price increase. Darn it! Pray for me, I need a lot of strenghts to get through this crazy and costly obsession! I know I will be safe if I do not step my foot in the store before June 1st. To you laides, if you have yet to venture into this path and thought you would be completely happy with one Chanel bag, you're totally full of it. There is no "enough" in woman's dictionary, am I right? Or am I right?

c5

the CC studded earrings

c4


26 comments:

  1. So amazing. Such a shame that they are raising the prices... Oh Karl!

    All the best, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your purchases! esp that bag, so pretty! ^^ I wish I could own one as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing purchase, Glad you were able to get it before the price hike and the earrings are gorgeous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new purchases are perfect!

    New post on www.cookiebyme.blogspot.com

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Chanel bag suits you and I can totally see why so many people love Chanel. But it's not for me so I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't really care for their bags. Its pretty for sure, but it doesn't quite suit my lifestyle or aesthetic. Lol. Can't wait to see your outfits with this bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! i am abit jealous that you got one! The bag is definitely a keeper and you will enjoy years down the road too..we'll call it an investment :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky!!! :D
    I love the bag and the earrings!

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! So pretty! Must have been a difficult choice though and so tempting to buy both. I am dying to buy my first Chanel but doubt that it will be this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your purchases!! U lucky girl ;)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! I love the bag! So beautiful! :D Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Nelah...I am soooo excited and happy for you! Great choice! The bag is gorgeous and love the earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nelah, can I ask you for a huge favor? I am contemplating an order from yesstyle with orange style items in it. I think you've had experience with them, can you offer me any advise? Write me? :) my email is fastfoodandfastfashion@gmail.com

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tthat's really cute! Hope you get many uses out of your Chanel purse! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  14. omgosh nelah!!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CHANEL METALLIC!!!! i have yet to own one.. and yours is absolutely STUNNING!!! you lucky girl you.. i love that you went with a silver metallic.. it's still a great neutral but it'll def "pop" with any outfit that you were it with because of the metallic nature!! love love love!!

    congrats a hundred times over hon!! i can't wait to see you sporting it with your OOTD'S!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woohoo Chanel reveal!!! Congrats on your gorgeous, gorgeous new baby. She is absolutely stunning! I bet the pictures don't do her justice :)

    LOL @ comparing the cost of Chanel to airplane tickets. Man, was that a reality check! I had a similar dilemma, except between gold vs silver hardware for a black caviar M/L flap. One on each shoulder, twirling around in circles looking at myself in the mirror and seeking advice from my bf and the SA. I slept on it for a few days, then promptly went back and placed my order. No regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i LOVE the mini. i saw this exact same one over the weekend at a Chanel boutique but i can't afford anymore right now. but my next purchase will most likely be a mini hehe...

    congrats on your new baby. i'm sure she will have many siblings in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the earrings! so chic!
    xo

    http://amordedior.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks and amazing you were able to get them before the prices went up.

    Kisses
    http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Nelah,

    That is a real beauty. It is one unique bag and definitely different from a Black Classic M/L flap. I could totally understand the dilemma that you had to go through with the decision between the two bags. The metallic mini is definitely a keeper I would say. Totally agree, there is no "enough" in a woman's dictionary!

    The CC earrings look gorgeous on you by the way

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG HOW did I miss this post?!? Gorgeous purchases Nelah!!!! The colour is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Nelah, you are so funny!
    First of all, congratulations on this gorgeous mini! I think it's as versatile as a black caviar M/L flap to be honest. I can see it with pretty much everything, dressed up or down. And I agree with you, there is no such thing as "enough" when it comes to Chanel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Chanel! So classy!

    Following you from Portugal*

    http://fashionviktima.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. How beautiful! Love the silver color and the cute little earrings. So classy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...